Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, June 01, 2019

Another Hunt 589

You know I love blue and painting blue glass.  I was tempted to get out the pastels, but ....

For Scavenger Hunt 589  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466491

I must be nearing the point of being halfway through the big coffee table sketchbook so decided to do the blue glass there.  I used a Prismacolor 03 to sketch and colored pencils to finish it off.

Number 1, yellow - wildfowers
Number 2, blue - wine glass

Gene and I went for another walk by the lakes/ponds.  I took my small travel sketchbook to see how it went.  We sat at the picnic tables by the playground.

Number 3, multi colors in the same item - this playground equipment is mostly tied together except for the teeter-toter board.

On the way back I found a dragon fly that had long fluffy tips off its wings.  It was black and white.

There were several of them.  One landed for a couple of minutes on one of the wildflowers.  Interesting and pretty.

We have been able to sit on the porch in the mornings and evenings.  We have seen some fireflies, lightening bugs, lately.  We haven't had many around here but it is fun to see a few.  It reminds me of Byrd and Street music.  You can listen to "Lightening Bugs" on their music page  http://byrdandstreet.com/music.html    Scroll down to the album,  Then and Now, to listen.  You should listen (and buy) more of their songs, you will love them.  Check out their schedule to listen in person.





4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We have had lots of dragon flies around here. One similar to your drawing landed on a flower outside the barn where I throw pots. The wheel is right at the barn door, which I open for light and air.

I put one of my Byrd and Street CDs on to play while I do art inside the house. I need a CD player outside in the barn too.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, the dragonflies are so interesting to watch. Joanna took a few photos a couple of years ago out back with thousands of them. Must have been a migration, we couldn't believe how many there were and all colors.

Tommy and Kathy (Byrd and Street) are so good and such nice people. They will be in New Mexico but not until September.

Jennifer Rose said...

haven't seen dragonflies here, probably around somewhere but not sure lol

great busy playground sketch :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I got another look at that type dragon fly yesterday and the spots/tufts out from the wing is just an extension of the wing. Very transparent with the black on the edges, so cool. We also saw some tiger colored ones yesterday.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)