Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Hunt 585 Sketches

I sketched for Hunt 585  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465179

The list is alphabetical.  Yesterday I sketched in the big book at home.  I used the iMac facetime part instead of a mirror.  I used a Prismacolor 01 fineline marker/pen.

Number 1, I - self portrait - This looks nothing like me in my opinion.  Maybe if I had added the glasses.
Number 2, L - lime or lemon, some lime and lemon juice.

Number 3, U - under  One of the visitors had a big bag halfway under her chair.
Number 4, T - tea   There was an abandoned cup across the way on the divider to the other part of the waiting area.  I am calling the contents tea.

Today I sketched in the 5.5 x 8.5 inch travel sketchbook with a "new" Micron 02.  It is always nice to use a new pen with no wear on the nib.
These pretty magnolias were near HEB (grocery store) yesterday.  They are just starting to bloom.  Beautiful.  Jennie has some in her yard and I didn't get a photo at her house.

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice that you found time for so much sketching for the hunt. I have to go print out the list...but first I have to actually get off the couch to change the ink cartridge. That may be too much work for right now. lol

Jennifer Rose said...

we almost never think a selfportrait looks like us lol they c an be such a pain to do

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, happy you are home safely. Getting back in the groove can be hard. Ink in printers is the biggest pain. Always runs out when you are in a hurry.

Jennifer Rose, I never thought of self portraits until the Hunts. I have never tried painting one. Yikes!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)