Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

One Ends, Another Starts, Hunt That Is.

Scavenger Hunt 552 ended yesterday and 553 started.  I sketched in the big book up at the ski lift for the end of 552.  Gene was on his trike so I got me a latte and sat in the car.  It was very cloudy.  Sure enough, as I had about 5 minutes down on paper a few drops fell and I had to close the window.  Then a bit more.  I decided to go rescue Gene as he was pretty far from the house.

It wasn't raining yet where he was so I sat with him a minute but he said not to worry, he would pedal along in between showers.  I went back to the lift and sketched while it rained.  I finished and got back to the house.  Gene showed up a while later.  He had made a couple of stops in the shelter of a bank and gas station.  He stopped at the hardware store and came home a bit wet, but not bad.  Lightening is my main concern, we are definitely wash and wear.  Guess it wasn't bad.

Number 10, landmark in your area - the ski lift is the main attraction in Angel Fire.  In the summer they do extreme biking there.  It wasn't running yesterday.  I think now that school has started they run on Thursday through Sunday.  You can check all the events here:  https://www.angelfireresort.com/

Today I sketched in the big book again with a Prismacolor 01 and colored pencils.

Number 1, point -  a bit of a stretch, but the coyote is pointing his nose at the moon for some howling, don't you think?  It is a cute wooden box so made it fit.

Many of the items for  Hunt 553   http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452363 are geared toward cats, so we will see what we can find.  We will be on the road for a couple of days.  Sketching??  Maybe.

P.S.  I saw a neat water color set for sketching on Rae Andrews page.
https://borntosketch.com/collections/best-sellers/products/premium-watercolor-wheel-set


Scroll around to see some of Rae's beautiful watercolors, pastels and more on her blog.  A book and lots of instruction, too.  A fun and wonderful teacher in her workshops.
http://raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com/2018/07/new-compact-watercolor-palette-for.html

Website  https://raeandrews.com/

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Your sketch of the ski area is very nice. I like the way you did your trees - detailed closer to you. The coyote is cute too. I had seen the watercolor-wheel set before, but I must have seen one with more paint choices because it was more expensive. I might have to try the 18 color set.

Jennifer Rose said...

that watercolour set is a good idea, not cheap tho

yeah that hunt is very geared towards animals, what if you dont have one?

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I always think I don't need any new art supplies when I'm not using the ones I have. Hopefully the kit will help someone.
If you don't have a live cat, you can sketch a sculpture, stuffed animal or such. Just not from a photo unless the challenge is to paint from a photo. The idea is to sketch from life.



Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you so much. I enjoyed the quiet time sketching in the car.

I thought of you and Joan T. for the watercolor sketch kit.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)