Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 22, 2017

New Hunt 524 Sketches

I am hosting Scavenger Hunt 524
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439544

It starts today so I better get with it, right?


Number 1, iPhone - it could be any phone or to do with a phone.  I picked my old and new iPhones, in the big book with a Micron 01.

I am surprised at how much bigger the screen is.  I usually carry my keys and phone in my pocket so as to have them and not leave them anywhere.  Well, the new phone requires I carry a bag.  It is very nice but does break my routine.




The December Challenge on the Southwest forum required a post from me.  I wanted to paint, but..... This quick sketch of Tuscanny's photo will have to do for the time being.  There is a small herd and I just edited out a couple.

This is about a 30 minute sketch on MiTeintes paper, 9 x 11 or so.  It looks better from across the room or tiny as you see.  At least I got out the pastels.  I love cows and calves!



It isn't cold todat but is gloomy and cloudy.  Supposed to rain this afternoon, maybe we will get a surprise snow again.  No, that ain't happenin'!

Back to other things for the day....... 




3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice cow and calf. That would look great larger too.

I had to smile when you said your new iPhone is larger. I like the smaller one for the same reason. If I am going walking I can tuck in into my pocket and not drag around a bag with me...just grab the phone and my house keys. My sister here in Maine says now that it is snowy and icy, she keeps her car in the garage. But in order to close the garage door (which isn't automated) she has to get out of the car. She doesn't get out until she makes sure the phone is in her pocket just in case she slips on the ice and gets hurt. What things we have to worry about! lol

Jennifer Rose said...

mobiles have gone from being the size of a computer mouse to the size of a big book :p

mine isn't too bad but the case makes it huge lol but also protects it if I drop it

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Cows are so fun to draw. Wish I had more time. Maybe next year.
Your sister's story makes me laugh. We used to go all over the world without a phone even in the area, like our days at the ranch. Now we can't go to the mailbox! Funny how it was cool when the phones got smaller, now cool is bigger!

Jennifer Rose, Mine has a case on the back only. I have to be careful with it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)