Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 13, 2017

Sketch for 515


I haven't been doing much of anything.  I know you are not surprised.  I did put up a piece of Pastelbord on my easel and have a painting in mind.  Seems it just wants to stay there and not emerge through my fingers.  

I did sketch in the coffee table book this morning.  I sketched with a Micron 01 in about 15 minutes.

Number 1, sketch something with your non dominant hand - my dominant hand
Number 2, crumpled paper

These are for Scavenger Hunt 515.





It is amazing how mushy/sappy Hallmark movies are with bad acting and how creepy/weird Lifetime movies are with bad acting.  Oops, now you know what I've been doing.

Hope your Friday the 13th goes well and you have a good weekend.  

We will go to music in La Grange at The Bugle Boy http://thebugleboy.org/ tonight and tomorrow night.  Jeff Plankenhorn tonight and Carrie Rodriguez tomorrow.  Great musicians, will be fun shows.  See you there??? 

We will also see Jennie and Brandon tomorrow.  We plan on going to Winchester for steaks, yea!  Murphy's has the best steaks around.  http://www.eatatmurphys.com/

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

sappy crappy tv movies make me glad we don't have a tv :p I just spend the whole time they are on making snarky comments when I see them at the inlaws lol

great hand drawing with your non-dominant hand :D

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks on my drawing.
TV can be so bad. Big time waster for sure!

Joan Tavolott said...

LOL Lifetime and Hallmark are among my favorites lately mostly because there is never anything on tv. I usually have it on and listen while I'm on the computer or sketching. Glad you got some of the items done for the hunt.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, it is terrible to be such a couch potato. I was just watching and not even sketching. Yikes. I like their soft mysteries once in a while but I overdid. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

I like a sappy movie now and then. I have a western channel on my tv, which we have no dish or anything so we take whatever comes our way by antenna, and I watch old westerns now and then when I veg-out.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, sappy is good sometimes, but not a few days in a row. Ha. Gene has been watching Gunsmoke, Bonanza, etc. I watch once in a while.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)