Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, August 14, 2017

Sketch New Stuff and Visitors Guide

It is always interesting to sketch "new to me" stuff.  There are many "new" things here to pick from.  I'm not very comfortable sketching here for some reason.  In La Paz, Bolivia, everything was blamed on the altitude.  I will do the same now.  If it is good, it is the altitude and if it is bad, it is the altitude.

I sketched in the big coffee table book with a Prismacolor 01 and a Micron 01 pen.  The Micron is has a finer nib.  They both last a long time if you are not hard on the nibs.  I sketch freehand and as quickly as possible.


For Scavenger Hunt 507
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432181

Number 6, a view inside a closet or cabinet - corner cabinet for coffee cups
Number 7, something related to cooking - stove
Number 8, something sharp - knives on the counter
Number 9, something from your bathroom - a ceramic soap dish

**   ***   **   ***  ***  **   ***   **

I took this sunset photo night before last.

Yesterday I was looking through the information books and pamphlets and opened this one from last year.


Inside there was a quote from me!  I comment on facebook on the page for the Angel Fire Resort and that must be where it came from.  Weird....

Quote is "Sunsets are the Best Here" -- Jo Castillo  in the upper right corner.  I'm published!

I'll be posting more sunsets .. they are special in the high mountain air!

Here are a couple more Angel Fire (AXX) Photos from past years....



4 comments:

Joanna said...

I like the soap dish. Silly and clever. :-)

And, the quote is very cool. I'm glad you found it.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Joanna!
Yes, the soap dish is cute. Not very practical with very shallow drain bumps inside.
Interesting on the quote..

Thanks for stopping by.

Jennifer Rose said...

I like how you sketch the areas around some of the objects, gives them a bit of life :)


what gorgeous dramatic looking sky!! sunsets there are certainly wonderful looking

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Thank you. I guess it comes from painting to not have objects floating. :)

The skies seem more special here, guess it is the clean, high air.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)