Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Sketching with Stylus on iPad

Joanna gave me a TruGlide stylus, with battery, that I haven't used much.  I had a screen protector on my iPad and the stylus didn't slide on that surface.  I don't have a protector now so tried the stylus on this sketch for Scavenger Hunt 480  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419226

Over all, it works well.  I can be more accurate in some ways.  It seems to have a small delay in the start.  I'm sure if I practice I will get the idea and it will be easy to use.  Today was a learning curve trying the stylus and just drawing on the iPad which I haven't done for a while.  

Joan Tavolott  http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/ used her iPad on the Hunt after not using it for a while either.  That inspired me to get with it.  She is also in one of the painting a day challenges.  You can check her blog to see her lovely watercolor paintings and sketches.

Number 5, hair - the hair and beard
Number 6, ear
Number 7, protects from the sun - hat

Gene was my model, he was reading the paper.  He admonished me for having him wear his hat in the house.





3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I am so glad that said "Joan Tavolott". It makes so much more sense that "John Travolta," which I read the first time through.

Jennifer Rose said...

make sure you have the right driver for your stylus if it has them since that might be causing the lag

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, ha! We will see what Joan says about your comment. Probably the first time she was confused with John Travolta. Funny.

Jennifer Rose, the stylus does not have a driver. No idea why it has a battery. Not bluetooth or anything like that, just a battery.....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)