Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hunting for 470, Photos

I sketched in the big sketchbook, first with it on my footstool/hassock and then at the kitchen table.  I drew with the Micron 03.  I added color to the bowls with colored pencil.  That started out for fun, but takes soooooo long.  Gene was gone on his trike for almost an hour and a half and I was working on the sketches the whole time.  Yikes!


Number 4, first of three things looking down - cup with art pencils, pens, scissors, etc.
Number 5, first of three important things - keys
Number 6, 7, 8 - three of a kind of any items - bowls

We walked this morning.  It is still pretty hot in the middle of the day. It is 1:45 p.m. and 87 degrees out.  Not so nice.  Early it was fine for walking, about 76 degrees when we walked, warmer when Gene was on the trike, but he says he makes a breeze so it isn't too bad.  He rode about 10 miles.

Night before last I was going to our bedroom from the living room.  I stopped off in the kitchen and went to set my iPad on the counter and missjudged the height and hit the counter and knocked the iPad right through my fingers and it fell face down.  Crunch.  It was in the case so it the screen is broken but it still works.  I will take it to Austin and get a new screen one of these days.  Bummer.  Roughly $125 to get it fixed.  Clumsy is expensive.




8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wonderful sketches Jo! I just bought some colored pencils so I have something to do while watching TV. Lol. I can't just watch TV....I like to drive my husband crazy! Lol.... Have a wonderful evening!!

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, I have a couple of friends that use colored pencils and are always telling me they are so relaxing and calming. I always want instant finish, thus I like pastels. Do you have one of those coloring books or do you do your own designs/paintings? Have fun!!

hmuxo said...

The coloring books are VERY therapeutic! LOVE them! However, like you, my pastels are my passion!!!
Hilda

Bag Blog said...

Sorry about your iPad. Things like that are so frustrating. Nice sketches, though.

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, ha. Happy you enjoy the books. I have zero patience. I was pretty sure that pastels were a favorite of yours as well. Your portraits are amazing.

Bag Blog, well, the iPad still works, that is the good thing. Thank you.

Jennifer Rose said...

ouch :/

glass is just broken it looks like, so repairable. apparently heat guns are used to heat up the glue so the glass can be repaired, would be terrified doing that myself lol

Joan Tavolott said...

Sorry about the cracked screen! Nice area to walk and good sketches. I had to laugh that Gene makes a breeze on his trike. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, yes. I will get it replaced soon. I either have to leave it a few days here in Bastrop or go to Austin for a half day to have it done there. Decisions, decisions..... Ha.

Joan, thanks. Gene does assure me it is not as hot when he is riding. He seems to be fine if the air is moving. I personally don't like air blowing on me. We have a hard time with fans in the house. LOL


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)