Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Palomas Sketches and More

We went to the dentist today.  I sketched in the travel sketchbook with the Micron 03, fast and furious.

Number 1, water - water cooler and Number 3, chair and Number 4, made of wood - table

Number 5, made of glass - lamp shades on fan
Number 6, person - Gene

Number 7, building - the ones across from the dentist.  Not sure I would eat their seafood, but ....???

Got up into a previous sketch, ha.  I sketched this as we walked back to the border.  It was 94 degrees so we didn't hang around.
Number 7, bench and Number 8, tree

Number 9, landscape - on the way home between Columbus and Deming, New Mexico.  The three peaks may be named Tres Hermanos or Tres Hermanas (three brothers or three sisters)  Again it was hot so we did not tarry.

Gene had fun with the dentist.  Roger had some phony teeth, that look horrible and he put them on and told the receptionist to tell the dentist that he had a problem.  The dentist came in looked quickly and saw it looked bad.   "I better get my glasses," he said and when he came back and looked at the horrible teeth he laughed.  He said it shocked him and he needed to check with good eyes!  Ha.  I got a movie as well, but not for here.

Here is a before and after shot.









Then we stopped in Deming at Diaz's Farm to pick up some fresh green chile.  We got roasted and un-roasted so we can send David a sack of green.  We also got him a sack of red chile.  We got some for ourselves and some roasted jalepeños.  They are quite good.  We will be set for the year!

Tomorrow we will package it and put the roasted in the freezer which we will take in the car to Texas.  The chile, not the freezer.    I hope to have photos!  It smells sooooooo good when roasting.  It is the smell of New Mexico!!

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

It has been steaming hot here this past week, but it is suppose to cool off this weekend with some rain. I can't wait.

Gene is always messing with someone! He looks like one bad hombre with bad teeth.

We got some green chili from Market Street grocery in WF earlier in August. It does smell like NM, but then the weather was so hot that it did not feel like NM.

Jennifer Rose said...

my dentist is so use to me coming to him with problems, he doesnt bat an eye lol so he prob wouldn't think anything differently if I did that lol


hopefully the real teeth were ok :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you would have cracked up with Gene. Happy that you at least got a taste of New Mexico. I'm not sure about the jalepeños, I'm still working on them. We have eaten them at Roger's but not at home. Much hotter than the chile I bought. On purpose, I don't like it super hot.

Jennifer Rose, sigh. Not good to have teeth problems. I have big bucks in my mouth, but nothing like you. It was a funny time. Always good to laugh!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (973) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1794) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)