Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, June 24, 2016

Coyote Creek and Mi Burrito Pastels

I started and finished this pastel painting a while back.  The work came together and I am pleased with it.  There is quite a bit of space as the water goes off the surface and I didn't want it to feel like the water was running out and straight down.

The reference photo was of  Coyote Creek near Angel Fire, New Mexico, but I used memory and composition to make it my own.  It could be a creek anywhere.  It is always so neat to go sit in the shade on a hot day and listen to the water.  One can get away from the world that way......

This painting is at Art Connections for you to view and purchase.  I will have three paintings there for the summer.     For more information and to see it framed  visit my website, here:  http://www.jocastilloart.com/paintings/coyote_creek.html

Coyote Creek
Pastel on Pastelbord
11 x 20 inches

I finished the donkey painting, too.  I like it a lot.  Gene says it doesn't look like any donkey he ever saw.  I am sure that is true but it was fun to do.  Thanks to Regina www.reginaburchett.com for being here and getting me started on it.

Mi Burrito
Pastel on Pastelbord
8 x 10 inches

I took photos of this woolly donkey in Angel Fire, too.  He probably smoothed out just in time for the snow.  I think farm/ranch animals have a lot of personality.  I have not been around donkeys very much, but they seem to be a bit ornery.   More info here on my website:  http://www.jocastilloart.com/paintings/mi_burrito_donkey.html

Breakfast
Pastel on Pastelbord
12 x 12 inches
This is the other painting at Art Connections.  What is an art gallery in Texas with no longhorns in it?  Info here: http://www.jocastilloart.com/paintings/breakfast_cow.html

Art Connections is updating and having lots of new artists and new work.   They have great shows for First Friday and other downtown events.  You will have a fun time being introduced to the Bastrop "art scene".  Art Connections has a blog and presence on facebook and other social media.  And .... you can see and purchase my paintings there!  :-)

908 Main Street,  Bastrop, TX  78602   (512) 581-1799

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

love all the colours in them all :) lovely water

yeah donkey can be...a bit angry :p make good guard animals tho

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you so much. :-) I hear donkeys are smart and stubborn. I just like to look at them. They make me smile, too.

Bag Blog said...

I think your Coyote Creek may be one of your best! I love the water and the light in the trees. Perfecto!I think I may need to buy it. I love the burro, too. Tell Gene that he wouldn't know an ass from a hole in the ground :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Laughing out loud! Gene, too!
We can trade for paintings! I can't trade that one now as it is at the gallery, but after or I can do a similar one for trading. :) Maybe an aspen one or a house on your part. I will have to look better...... I love my Taos House and the Ecuador one. Maybe we will end up in NM this summer when you are there again. That would be fun in the sun! Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)