Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Fruit Pastel Sketch

Scavenger Hunt 444 time.  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1401520
I sketched on a piece of Colourfix pastel card, 9 x 12 inches.  It is the one with the unicorn.  Magic turned it from a unicorn to a bowl of fruit.  Amazing.

Pastels are quick for sketching.  You can fill in the color in just a few minutes.  This is not a finished drawing, many things necessary for a finished painting.  Too bad I can't put these pastel sketches in the huge sketchbook.  http://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/happy-new-year-sketches-for-hunt-434.html  It would fill up much quicker.

Number 2, fruit  I thought I would show you my messy well used paper.  It even had a watercolor or wet pastel under painting at one point.  Was it a windmill to start?  I don't remember now.  It has had about 5 different paintings/sketches on it.  Next time I will wipe it off and wet it again to help the background color.

And a cropped version.  You can focus a bit more on the fruit.

The Longhorns won their game last night against UT San Antonio.  Very bizarre!  Final score was 11 - 2.  The Longhorns posted 8 runs in the 6th inning with only 1 hit as I recall, and it was a blooper.  So many walks and a couple of hit by pitcher moments.  Our Longhorn offense has to show up sooner or later.  We start conference play on Thursday against TCU.  TCU is about #6 in the country at the moment.  The Longhorns are way down, about 100,  I imagine.  Hook 'em Horns!


 



4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I recently wiped off a painting so that I could use the Wallis paper that it was on. It did not inspire me like a fresh sheet of paper usually does. I think I need to do an underpainting on that particular paper. Excuses.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I know what you mean. Sometimes there is a ghost image left and I turn it upside down or whatever. Wetting it seems to smooth it out and blend the color. Good for practice and with good paper like that you may get a great painting. Ha.

Joanna said...

It's kind of amazing that you can reuse a piece of paper that much with pastels. I like the little clementines. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, thank you. Glad you spotted the little clementines. They don't have many traits to distinguish them.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)