Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, February 14, 2016

iPad sketch for Hunt 439 and Gestures from CLL

We went to the art show in Smithville yesterday as mentioned in the previous post.  Then we went to College Station, Texas, (CLL) to Luigi's Patio Ristorante http://luigispatioristorante.com/ for dinner.  Actually we went more for the music than dinner.  The food was excellent and the restaurant is very pretty, you feel like you are outside on a patio.

Enid Wood's husband Rick was playing his stand up bass with a group.  Super jazz musicians.  He played with Karl Rehn on the piano and Chris Holler on the drums.  Luigi stepped/sat in with his Clarinet.    It was a very nice Valentine's Day evening.  Brenda Knoll, artist, with husband, David, was there, too.  It was fun to get together.

**correction.  The clarinet player was restaurant owner Duilio Tani and the restaurant is named after his father.  :)  Thanks, Enid.

Rick Wood on bass.  We had great seats, didn't we?

Karl Rehn on the piano, as you see, I couldn't see the drummer well.  I forgot to take a photo of Luigi in the second set.  I did get a gesture sketch.

These are like 30 second gesture sketches.  Good practice, I should do many, many more.

My sketch for Scavenger Hunt 439 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1398519  was done in the hotel room on my iPad this morning.  I probably spent about 20 minutes on this.  I'm not sure why my fingers are slower than my pen.   It is actually a bit fast as we were going to breakfast.


Number 9, camera



Because it was Valentine's Day, I received my usual stuffed toy.  Gene tries to get the ugliest animal or a different/strange one in some way.  Today it is a chile pepper from the Isotopes baseball team in Albuquerque. http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t342  It is about a foot long from stem to tennis shoe.   It isn't the mascot, but the peppers run races in between innings.  Something like the hot dog and mustard in other stadiums.   Very cute and is hanging on my gutter shelf by my computer.  Thank you, Gene!!  Happy Valentine's Day to all again.







3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

really great camera sketch :D and the gesture sketches are a really nice capture of the moment

Bag Blog said...

Silly pepper!

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you. I should do more gesture sketches. Sometimes I do it at baseball, that is always good with lots of poses. Ha.

Bag Blog, I love the pepper. Gene said he ordered it weeks ago. Usually he does the grab box at Walmart. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)