Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 11, 2015

Hunting for 431 and Photos

I sketched yesterday and today.  I needed to get some sketching in.  These are rough and done with the Micron 08 which has a thicker/larger nib.  I'm used to the finer point and it shows.  Ha.  The items fill a page in the large sketchbook.


3 tubes - the garlic peeler, the tube it comes in and a tube of paint
3 items grocery - Nutella, peanut butter and honey
3 tools from hobby or work shop - measuring tape, pry bar and box cutter
3 art supply items - pastel (shaped like a butterfly in a box), PanPastels and a Micron 05 pen


 We had a beautiful sunset the other night again.  Pretty normal here.  You can see reflections in the lake.  There were about 5 contrails there when I first looked and they sort of spread and dissipated by the time I took the photo.
I need to walk down there to take a photo, bet it would be super.  You can see a bit here when I zoomed in.  A bit blurry, sorry.

I worked on the commission again today.  Interesting, painting in pastels.  I haven't jumped up and started painting in the middle of the night or anything more interesting.  We will see what happens when I finish this piece.

4 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Still busy with my parents but mom got to go home yesterday. I will still need to go there most days and take care of anything she can't. I guess I worked myself too hard. Found out today I have Shingles in my eye. I hope we found it before any damage was done. I start meds today. Eye drops again, and 2 other meds. Merry Christmas to you both.

Jo Castillo said...

Jeanne, Merry Christmas back to you. Shingles is so painful sometimes. Take care of yourself. You need strength and faith to help you with your parents. Thinking of you and sending positive hugs.

Joan Tavolott said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. Sorry to hear that you are not painting much. Maybe you are just in a less productive time in your life and that may change. People gave you some good tips, so let's see what/if any of them push you to get out those pastels more often. Good luck!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, hi there, You stay so busy, I always appreciate when you stop in. I hope to "play" after the holidays and work to get my "fun" back. The Scavenger Hunts keep me going.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)