Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, October 26, 2015

Tres Amigas, Pastel Cows

Cows are neat animals.  They have interesting faces, each one and each breed different.  I've never known any that are trained like horses or dogs.  I did see a trained buffalo many years ago as an act at the New Mexico State Fair.  Mostly I just like to see them.  I think they are a comforting sight in the landscape.  As I mentioned before, my mom always named the cattle at the ranch.

I chose the photo of these cows from the wetcanvas.com image library posted by canis_lupess.  Thanks for a great photo.

Tres Amigas
Pastel on Pastelbord
7 x 5 inches

The sun finally showed it's happy face today so I had a chance to take the picture.  The colors look more natural in person.  While I was taking the photo I had a visit from a little lizard.  I like the movement and shadow.


It was about 2 inches long in the body about 5 inches altogether.  Very cute and very fast.  Hmmm, is cute the right word to describe a lizard?

I also took a photo of my pencil sharpener.  Jennifer Rose, that comments on my blog, said it looked dangerous.  Actually it isn't any more dangerous than any other razor type scraper.  The wing nut tightens and holds the blade closed or open.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

ah ok, now I get how that works :)

really nice cows :) good job with the hide texture

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you for stopping by. I like the sharpener for pastel and colored pencils, even though I don't use them very often. :)

Bag Blog said...

The cows are great. I love their faces. Years ago I did a watercolor of three colts and called it " tres amigos".

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Bag Blog, I painted three steers and called them Tres Amigos, too. My sister has that painting. They were her steers. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)