Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Sketching Again or Still

I've been sketching over the last few days as I am hosting Scavenger Hunt 407.  I have been posting there but not here.  I have allergies and not sketching up to par.  That sounds like a good excuse to me. 


Number 4, Red and Number 5, outside

Number 6, grill and Number 7, herb - rosemary that is surviving outside with no or little care.

Number 8 yellow - calendar base
Number 9, underside - the back of the calendar

Number 10, male
Number 10, female
Number 12, closet - my art room closet with only part of the "junk" showing.

Number 13, xylophone or to do with music - some of the CDs that I have not put in my iTunes yet.
Number 14, quarter - the quarter cup measuring bowl that Lea made.  http://bluedonkeygallery.com/Pottery_Gallery.html

Here is a photo of the pretty measuring cups/bowls.



Baseball Note:

We spent most of the weekend watching the NCAA Baseball Regionals.  The Longhorns lost their first two games and came home.  Too bad they couldn't catch the spirit to carry on.  The games were so close and exciting on Sunday.  Then Monday's games were up and down.  TCU and the Texas Aggies will play each other in a Super Regional starting Saturday. 

I will root for TCU as they are in the Big 12 with the Longhorns.  Both TCU and the Aggies went through the losers brackets and were in interesting games.  College baseball is fun, you never know what will happen.  Rice and Houston played a 20 inning game.  TCU came from behind down 8 - 1 in the 8th inning to tie in the 9th and  win 9-8 in the 10th.  UCLA was ranked number 1 and Maryland beat them.  Great baseball!

You can read about it and watch videos of the exciting games on the NCAA page
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/baseball/d1
You can stream games on ESPN and catch some on TV ESPN. 









9 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

allergies are def. a valid reason, but the sketches are more then up to par :)

very pretty blued bowls :)

Joan Tavolott said...

Your sketches are really good. Love that bowl!!!

Bag Blog said...

Usually the month of May is my really bad allergy time. By June 1st, my allergies are usually gone and all is good. Not this year. May was great, but the last few days have been heck. A good reason not to sketch.

Joanna said...

All the rain is causing mold allergies, I think.

Anyway, love the clever male/female sketch choices. :-)

And, the measuring cup bowls are great.

(And, I'm all caught up!)

Joanna said...

PS: The "prove you're a person Captcha thing" wanted me to select all the food. The photos are awfully tiny and I apparently selected something that wasn't food because then it made me select all bread! But, again, I wasn't sure on one or two. But, it let me pass the second time. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Jennifer. I haven't felt much like sketching but am getting my feet back. I have been a couch potato for about a week.

Joanna, yes it is probably mold. Thank you for catching up and saying nice things!

Joan, I love those bowls, don't use them much, but have them sitting on my microwave to see every day.

Bag Blog, I hope your allergies clear up. I am a bit better and feel I am about to get with the program again.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, I don't know about the captcha thing. Hard to decide to have that so you can see your comments sooner or just monitor all comments. Hmmmm. There aren't as many comments now with facebook, pinterest, etc., but I would like to make it easy to comment. If you don't put any stops, then the robots post and those go to the people that comment, so can't do away with them. Sigh.......

Joanna said...

You should totally keep the captcha. It just made me laugh. Most of the time it believes I'm a person right off and doesn't give me any tests.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, good deal. I have a problem with those, not good at tests. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)