Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pastel Sketch - Apples

I sketched for Scavenger Hunt 399  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375890  on Canson paper with my pastels.  It looks like my daily pastel practice will be "almost" daily as I didn't do one yesterday.  Anytime I do practice, it is a good thing.    I spent about 30 minutes on this apple.  I used the same apple for the whole and the slices as the challenge on the Hunt was to sketch a piece of fruit whole and cut or opened.

Number 2, fruit - challenge to sketch it whole and cut or open.    I choose an apple.  We had pears and nectarines, too.  Apples is what I paint when I don't know what to paint.  I like the color and the challenge of making them look like individuals.

I have a lot to do today.  I am donating a painting to the Bastrop Fine Arts Guild for their fundraiser.  It will be a raffle item and I am making the tickets, too.  I make a card with for the back that doubles as a certificate of authenticity and has info for the winner.  I will post about that when done.  It is due to be at the Guild Gallery tomorrow.

It is Longhorn baseball day and they are in Nebraska today, so will listen to the game on the internet.  They lost their games on Friday and Saturday.  Maybe rooting for them long distance will help!  Hook 'em Horns.

I am also still working on taxes in between other things.

My "horror-scope" may help today:
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Procrastination gets a bad reputation, but sometimes it’s the best answer to the problem. Today procrastination will help you manage life.
I am a bit confused on how procrastination can help.  We shall see!

Gene puts a quote in his journal every day.  Recently there was one that said, "Most people put off until tomorrow what they should have done yesterday." --Edgar Watson Howe

That is more like me.  Ha!

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I love the reflection of the apples.

Last week was pretty wild. Hopefully I get more done this week. I have some problems that I would like to procrastinate on, but that does not usually seem to be the answer.

Joanna said...

Nice sketch, Mom. I need to work on my taxes too!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. Reflections added a bit. Gene let me know the form on the cut apple wasn't too good and I reminded him it was a sketch! He never complains about the ink sketch mistakes. :)

Joanna, thank you. Taxes are on the back burner again, I'm working on raffle tickets.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)