Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy Birthday, Regina! Sketch

It is Regina Burchett's http://reginaburchett.com/  birthday.  She has been a painting buddy, artist, friend for years, now.  Wow!  It is about 17 years or so.  I am thankful for our friendship.  Her husband, Larry, is a good friend, too.  It is fun when couples get along well.

I checked my list for Scavenger Hunt 391 http://goo.gl/s2XXJ9 today and found that I needed to sketch something with a drawstring.  I immediately thought of my colored pencil bag.  I have sketched it before.  Here is one sketch http://goo.gl/6Lf8U9  This bag really fits today as it was a gift from Regina several years ago.  It is perfect for colored pencils which also fit in today's Hunt.  This is what I call serendipity.  :)

Number 1, something with a drawstring - The quilted bag
Number 2, pile or box of colored pencils
Number 3, patterned - the hassock where I put up my feet to sketch

Of course this is not positioned the same as when I sketched it, but you get the idea.  The pattern in the hassock cover is odd in the way the colors weave in and out.

I miss painting with Regina now that she is in North Carolina.  Maybe in the fall when we go to Kentucky for Thanksgiving.  Sounds like a plan.  I will have a latte in her honor when I next go to town, tonight will just be a glass of wine.

I posted a pastel painting earlier so check my previous post.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

primsmacolor pencils??

Bag Blog said...

The pencil bag is cute. I started to ask if you had made it yourself. One of the ladies in the watercolor class asked me if I sewed. I almost snorted out loud. That should be a texting abbreviation - SOL.

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, yes, mostly Prismacolor and a few Pentech, whatever they are. I don't do colored pencil much, I get bored with the repetitive coloring. Regina says it is therapudic. Ha, not for me!

Bag Blog, you are so funny. I don't sew either. SOL


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)