Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 17, 2014

Sketches, What Else?

On Wednesday I finished up Scavenger Hunt 378 which I was hosting.  I used a Micron 05 pen in the large sketchbook.

 Number 5, view in or out of a doorway - this is from my studio to the living room.

Number 6, red - a folding chair
Number 7, is down below in the sketches for Hunt 379 as it was on the same page.

Number 8, zebra or zipper - I subbed Zentangle, then realized it is not from life it is imagination so doesn't really qualify.  I received the book from Sue, my Michigan painting buddy, this summer and finally did the first lesson of lines and circles.  Looks like I will learn some new designs, I usually use the same old shapes like in the right hand lower corner.

Today my sketches were done quickly out on the porch.  These are for Scavenger Hunt 379. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363111   I sketched in the large sketchbook with a Micron 05 pen.  In other words, my usual sketching utensils.

Number 7, from Hunt 378 - Old Fashioned - a Dutch oven that I got from Jennie.  You never think of receiving hand-me-downs from your child!  We have silverware, the Dutch oven and a couple of other things she gave me after the fire.  All four of our children came up with things for us.

Hunt 379, Number 1 - comfortable shoes - Gene's canvas slip-ons
Number 2, yellow - there were actually 3 yellow items on the porch:  this electric fly swatter (batteries), the yellow bungie cord and a can that had a yellow label.  I skipped the can.  I usually have to really go hunting to find something yellow.
Number 3 - Anything lit by a single light source from a window - I substituted the porch shelf for a window and sketched some cups and a little vase.

Note for Texas artists, have you entered the Hunting Art Prize?  Will you be taking home $50,000?  You can't win if you don't enter.  http://www.huntingartprize.com/  The deadline is November 30.  It is for paintings and drawings.  The final is in Houston so not too far for our area.

I have been painting, finishing up a pastel painting of cactus blooms to put at Art Connections. http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/ I will post about it a bit later after it "cures".  For me that means to let it sit and see if it is finished.  It is pastel, so doesn't need to dry or anything like that.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like the folding chair, and I recognized the yellow fly swatter right off the bat.

Too bad I am not a legal Texas resident or I would sign up for the Hunting Art Prize. I guess I could swim the river.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, the fly swatters have been fun!

Guess you can come live with us until May!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)