Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Hunting Color Sketches

I usually just sketch with a pen but as you saw last post some of the items on Scavenger Hunt 370  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357341  were color names.  I did green on the iPad and posted yesterday.   I decided to sketch with the pen and add colored pencil.

For me, this means to sketch very quickly because coloring with colored pencils is soooooo boring for me.   My friends, Regina Burchett and Leslie Hawes, who do beautiful colored pencil work, tell me that colored pencil is very relaxing.  Well, not for me.  Ha.   I just get tired as it is not fast enough.  Give me pastels any day!

Pastels are a bit messy for sketching as they need a cover. You can sketch in pads that have cover sheets or stick your pastel sketches between the pages of a tracing pad or slick magazine for storage if you are not framing them.

Number 2, red
Number 3, black
Number 4, blue
These are Gene's Thermos mugs and my Love's truck stop mug that is about 10 years old.  I do not like drinking anything out of plastic and I don't like drinking out of the mugs with lids.  I do use the mug here once in a while, just because at altitude, any hot food cools off so quickly.  Water boils at a lower temperature so it isn't very hot to start with.  Sea level water boils at 220 degrees and here probably about 180 degrees.   It is about 8800 feet here at the house, so there you are then.


Number 5, yellow
Number 6, white
You probably can't even tell the yellow items are screwdrivers and the white thingy is my mouse.  I told you I sketched them quickly.  It took twice as long to add the bits of color.  Sigh.......




No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)