Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hunting in Angel Fire and Photos

I sketched yesterday in the house with the Micron 05 in the travel sketchbook for Scavenger Hunt 367  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355537  This morning I sketched on the porch about 9:00 a.m. at about 60 degrees in my watercolor sketchbook.  Pretty nice!


Number 8, made of clay - an owl here in the house
Number 9, in a bottle - tequila for margaritas in Rodeo
Number 10, hot - chile petin from Gene's brother, he eats it on pizza and eggs.  Too hot for me!

Number 11, organics - stretching the meaning a bit, but I sketched in watercolor and ink for the practice in my watercolor sketchbook that is about 8 x 10 inches.  I got it in 2006 in Michigan with Sue, who arrives on Saturday.  I have done about 8 sketches in the sketchbook and only about 3 of them are watercolors.  So, you see I need the practice.  I just put on color after I sketch so you can't really call it a watercolor painting.

Last night we ate at the Pub n Grill.  It was good food with good service.  We were on the deck and it started to rain.  We were about ready to leave so we asked the couple at the rail to join us while they waited for their food so they wouldn't get wet.  We chatted a bit.  They are in the Air Force, stationed in San Antonio, Texas.  We appreciate their service to our country.

The deck when we first got there, then it got busy.  The pub is in the building where the Yu Garden, a favorite, was located.  The Yu Garden moved to Taos in 2011.  We ate there once after their move on our way through to Montana a couple of years ago.  We will be eating there in Taos on this trip.  They have a dish called Volcano Shrimp .... so yummy.

This is some road art on the way to Angel Fire from Albuquerque around Pojuaque.


This stretch of road is by Española between Santa Fe and Taos.

Gene back from his ride this morning.  He is really liking his Terratrike.

This was near Hatch when we got back on I-25 the day we were on our way to Albuquerque.  I wonder what made it so wavy??  I had to post this for Joanna.  She is always telling me to stop to take my photos.  These are with my iPhone as my camera is not working/charging.


For the art link:

Check out the Bastrop Art in Public Places website.  They had local artists paint some of the electric boxes/transformers.  You can vote for the People's Choice Award selection.  They are so nice and brighten up downtown Bastrop.  The artists did well, very creative.  The Bastrop Art in Public Places is calling for sculptors now, you can apply on their website.

http://www.baipp.org/#!bastrop-transformers/c3c7

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I really like the watercolor sketch.

And, the wavy photo is very wacky! Cool. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Thankee, Joanna. I will do more watercolor this year. Right..... I still don't know what caused the photo. It's like a mirror in a fun house. Your dad says I was just being artistic!

Bag Blog said...

I like the watercolor sketch too as well as the pen sketches.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Bag Blog. I will be picking your brain when you get here for watercolor. I am doing the free video weekend on Artists TV Network and watching watercolor videos. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

The wavy photo is very interesting. How did you do that?


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)