Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Blah, Blah, Blah .... Sketches and Art Show Information

Blah, blah, blah ... the way I feel.  I also feel like that is what you are hearing from me.  I am still trying to sketch and keep up with the blog so you don't forget about me.

I sketched out on the porch the last few times.  The weather is nice and cool in the mornings and drifts off to hot in the late afternoon.  It has been windy, though.  Not my cup of tea!

I ordered a new point and shoot camera from Amazon.  I have not been happy with this Canon Power Shot.  It has a dark around the edges when you use the flash.  It is slower to come on and harder to use the settings.  Even the black on the case has come off.  It looks like it is about 5 years old and it is one year old.  So I am going back to my Casio Exilim.  It should come today.  Yay!  The reviews say the settings are different than the other Exilim cameras so we shall see how I do.  Harder to learn new things as we get older. The Google links for Exilim cameras:  http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=casio+exilim&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

These sketches are in the large sketchbook with the Prismacolor Premier pen.  I took photos with my camera.  The last few before this were scanned.  The scanned sketches seem to show detail and the white of the paper.  The photos are darker and I have to adjust them on the computer.

These sketches are for Scavenger Hunt 358.  Come on over and sketch with artists from around the world.  It really does keep me going.

Number 1, giant - the loblolly pines across the way out back.
Number 2, hanging on the wall - the flag that Gloria made for us.  We had one for many years she made back in the early seventies.  It went around the world with us.  I was lost in the fire, so she made us a new one.  Nice.


Number 3, wood - section of the glider.
Number 4, heavy - Gene's Total Gym under a plastic bag.  He does uncover and use it every day.
Number 5, something that creates wind - ceiling fan on the porch.

Art Link:

I encourage you to check out Katherine Tyrrell's blog and information.  She is a super sketcher and draws beautifully.  Katherine is in England.   She researches and presents so many ideas, artists and art history and shows.  This post is about how to have a home show and get publicity.  Good ideas for a one person show or a group.  Be prepared to spend time on her blog.  Info on anything "art".  She is my art encyclopedia as I have said before.

http://makingamark.blogspot.com/2014/05/how-do-you-market-exhibition-or-open-studios.html

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I did a couple of loose watercolor cards yesterday while my art girls painted. Now that I am done with tutoring, I hope to get more creative. Ojala.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I hope you get more creative, too. I love your watercolor cards. Just gorgeous. I was thinking of trying a bit more watercolor sketching for the summer. So much easier to carry around. We will see if the good intentions work or not. :)

Joan Tavolott said...

It is always fun to see what you post and the sketches are no exception. Now I want to sit on a glider. lol Thanks for the link to Katherine's blog. I don't check it often enough.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, it is fun to share our sketches. I should do more plein air like you do. You encourage that! Katherine is a wealth of information. I, too, forget to check often enough.

gene said...

You forgot to mention the camera was your Mother's Day present from yourself!

Jo Castillo said...

Gene, hmmm, I thought you bought the camera for me for Mother's Day. Thank you. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)