Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Why Do People Buy Art?

I added a little poll to the right here asking, "Why do you buy art?"  I'm putting the question in my newsletter and wanted a place for readers to answer.

I hope you will feel free to answer, too.  It is a survey just for fun, certainly not scientific.

If you would like to see what I write in my occasional newsletters, sign up on the right, too.  You can also click there and see previous newsletters.  This next one should come out tomorrow.  Yikes, I'd better get with it, hadn't I?


This painting was created for the pastel show at the Bastrop Fine Arts Gallery during March.  I like painting larger, I will have to do some more.  I will have this painting at the First Friday in May at the Bling store, see above.  If you would like to see it before then, just let me know.


Siesta Time
Pastel on Pastelbord
Framed in wooden frame with gold trim 
18 x 24 inches framed to 26 x 32

Click here for more information and to buy.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like this painting. Very NM! Sometimes I paint large; sometimes small. But painting large is very freeing.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. Trying to win the lottery to have a house like this along the Rio Grande in New Mexico. Fun to paint large.

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the southwestern look to these with the adobe clay color and the turquoise door. Lovely job on both of them.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks Joan. I've really liked your plein air lately. Just lovely watercolors.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (971) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1791) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)