- True green in nature has orange it it.
- Orange is often found as a highlight on red items.
- In turn, red is found in the shadows on orange items.
- Of course orange looks brighter next to its complement blue. (Complementary colors are opposite each other on the color wheel.)
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Topless, Pastel Painting
Tuesday morning found me at a two hour pastel painting class taught by Enid Wood. http://enidwood.com/ Enid is a great pastelist and generous with her knowledge. The class was all about ORANGE. I took some peppers and a small pumpkin for a still life. I am more fond of peppers so started this painting. I finished it at home yesterday afternoon. The orange pepper looks more red in this photo, but it is orange!
Pastel on Terracotta Colourfix Sanded Paper
12 x 9 inches
There were five students, all painting different subjects. It was interesting to see orange used in under paintings, as highlights and as the main subject. We had a good time and Enid explained the advantages of using orange in paintings and some of its properties.
Enid has monthly classes. She gave each of us individual attention. You can join up by checking with the Bastrop Fine Arts Guild.
It is always good for me to paint with other artists. I get energized and inspired. Now I have to paint more peppers before they wither away.
- Jo Castillo
- Bastrop, Texas, United States
- I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill
abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (71) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (80) artist blogger (311) artist bloggerinstruction (1) artist blogger instruction (13) artist blogger instruction (16) artist blogger instruction (14) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (170) Bastrop Sketchers (6) Bastrop TX (29) Bolivia (4) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (63) chile (4) classes (2) colored pencil (16) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (8) doodle (1) exhibit (130) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (30) food (7) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (1) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) instruction (49) iPad Sketch (74) iPad sketches (42) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (255) Landscapes (136) Marines (23) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (43) New Mexico (117) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (61) Oil Pastel (1) PanPastel works (2) Pastel (24) Pastel Demo (59) Pastel Paintings (351) pastel sketch (13) Pastels (7) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) Photos (696) Plein air painting (43) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (4) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) Sketches (1051) snow (1) Still Life (35) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (45) Trees (34) tribute (5) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (30) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (12) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (1)