- Number 3, peeling - a banana peel from a ripe banana so there isn't much "form" to it. You probably wouldn't recognize it without this explanation. With color added, you probably would. So sometimes color is important in describing form as well as lines.
- Number 4, disposable - napkin
- Number 5, polka dots - a small black and white handbag
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Hunting 334 with a Pen and My iPad
It is such beautiful weather that I should be doing some plein air today. Hmmmm.
I sketched yesterday for Scavenger Hunt 334 http://goo.gl/etioXu and again this morning. Yesterday was a warm up for painting and today it was a computer warm up. I am catching up on paper work, including doing a blog or two!
Yesterday I sketched at the dining table with the Prismacolor Premier 03 in my Canson Sketchbook. This is pretty much my default application for sketching as you know. I like sketching with a pen as I can't really change my mind so when I apply my skills and pay attention I can come up with a satisfactory rendition.
I thought I would show the full page for a change.
And with color, the sketch is much more banana looking, don't you think?
Today my sketch was done on my iPad with the application, "Brushes". I sat in my comfy chair and had my coffee and rice cake. I work on the sketch with as little "undo" as possible to keep the sketch idea going. I do enlarge my screen for the detail work but "undo" only if I smear across the page. I sometimes erase a bit to straighten an edge, but that is still with my finger and not using the digital undo. Of course, I used color on the app.
- Jo Castillo
- Bastrop, Texas, United States
- I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill
abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (71) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (80) artist blogger (313) artist bloggerinstruction (1) artist blogger instruction (13) artist blogger instruction (16) artist blogger instruction (16) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (178) Bastrop Sketchers (9) Bastrop TX (30) Bolivia (4) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (63) chile (4) classes (2) colored pencil (16) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (8) doodle (1) exhibit (130) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (30) food (7) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (1) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) instruction (50) iPad Sketch (75) iPad sketches (45) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (3) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (257) Landscapes (136) Marines (23) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (47) New Mexico (117) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (61) Oil Pastel (1) PanPastel works (2) Pastel (24) Pastel Demo (59) Pastel Paintings (352) pastel sketch (21) Pastels (7) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) Photos (711) Plein air painting (43) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (4) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) Sketches (1084) snow (1) Still Life (35) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (46) Trees (34) tribute (5) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (30) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (12) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (1)