Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quick Sketches for Hunt 331

I have to start somewhere for Scavenger Hunt 331, right?  I wanted to sketch on the porch because it is rainy and cool.  A rare happening this year.  I found the beautiful egg basket that Carolyn made for me, thanks Carolyn.  I put in 3 of Gene's apples and there you go.  Apples are always my fall back subject for painting.  That means I had better paint them, too.  I needed to sketch something red so as I finished the basket I stopped by the dining table and sketched the pepper mill and napkin holder.  They are very red!

Number 1, basket with challenge of having fruit in it and Number 2, red - the napkin holder and pepper mill are red, really.  The pepper mill is more graceful.  I will blame the camera and not the sketcher.  Not true, however.  :)

Now I am off to work on the blog about the workshop Lou and I attended September 12.  Seems like so long ago, now.  It is important to talk about what I learned so that I will remember part of it at least!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Always blame the camera!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, especially my "new" Canon camera. It is definitely not as durable or efficient as my Casio cameras have been. By durable I mean it is more beat up looking. The paint is all scratched off and in general I have used my case more than ever. Hmmmm. Much harder to switch to the different automatic settings. Sigh....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)