The Scavenger Hunts have been the best therapy and boost to keep me going .. even when I lose my muse for a while. Here are the rules for the Hunts:
* All items on the list must be sketched from life--not imagination nor photo references
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
* Do as many or as few items as you like; you don't have to finish the entire list to participate! This Hunt will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
* Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and set ups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!
And the current list with Ai as the host:
Scavenger Hunt#315 -- May 24-June1
car/motorcycle/bike/bus/truck -- Challenge -- do all of these
postponed thing you want to do
expired thing you still keep
make you feel better
made of wood
made of glass
made of fabric
made of earth
made of paper
You can see where the name came from and how interesting it is to search for the items to sketch. The lists vary and because we sketchers are from around the world we get a peek into other cultures and scenery. Each artist adds their personality to the lists. Hunting and sketching this way is very much fun. I am surprised at myself for saying that about homework.
I am a lazy sketcher, so I prop up my feet and sketch what is around me. Some of the artists search far and wide. Joan (http://www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/) travels and sketches plein air all over her area and the places she visits. Ai (http://aiarts.blogspot.com/)is in Thailand and joins in sketching groups, Scatty (http://gardenartjournal.blogspot.com/) in France, Jeanne (http://jeannegrant.blogspot.com/)in California, etc. Not every sketcher has a blog so you need to check the Hunts.
The Hunts make for a pleasant journey and making friends around the world. Come along on our ventures..... you can start on this Hunt. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318306&page=3 I will host Hunt #317, June 9 - 17. See you there!
For this week here are my sketches from my iPad with the Brushes app and from my regular sketchbook with a pen.
We are packing today and tomorrow for our trek to New Mexico for the International Association of Pastel Societies Convention.
Should be fun with Regina (fallshadows.com)joining us for the convention. We will stay in Albuquerque about a month unless something comes up. I'm pretty sure we will go to Arizona during that time. After that back here for a quick stop for doctor check ups, etc. Then to Kentucky for the big wedding of our favorite granddaughter. From there to Michigan and Canada. I'm sure I will be posting along the way.