Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Horror-Scope and Sketches, Photos

I have always called horoscopes, horror-scopes, as I don't give them much credit for accuracy.  After all, just in our immediate family there are three Virgos:  Gene, Mercy and I.  You don't have to know us to know that we are soooo different.  Even politics, ha!  But I regress.

Someone that puts together the scopes in the Austin-American Statesman has been reading my blog!  Take note my horror-scope for today:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept.22)  Those who tell you to believe in yourself are missing the point, which is to get in motion regardless of your thoughts, beliefs, moods or anything else.

That sort of sums up all the advice I was given for getting out of my funk or slump, eh??  And of course, it can apply to all of us.  At any rate it made me smile this morning.

I summed up the advice I was given in my newsletter.  You can read my newsletter and subscribe here if you have an interest.
Jo Knoblock Art

I sketched while on the porch yesterday on the iPad with Brushes and my fingers for Scavenger Hunt 315.  As you can tell, I did not check a photo for reference on either sketch.  The cardinal may be a correct color, but doesn't look much like a cardinal.  The feeder is a good distance from the porch.  Ha.

Number 1, scene - the lake from the porch, you can see the islands are growing and the water is receding.  It was cloudy and gloomy.

Number 2, nature - a cardinal  ??  Chicken, parrot, sort of cardinal.

We have had some rain today!  Yipee!  Not enough for water in the lakes, but nice and wet.  Cool, too, a nice 73 degrees at the moment.

I'm still trying out my new camera.  I went out when it was almost dark and took these photos on automatic.  Not bad.  I had the camera on zoom and then cropped the photos, too.


Toward the eastern lake where we had some fishermen.


 Our neighbors mimosa tree, I think it was darker as I had a lot of yard between me and there which had more light and this was background.  Pretty.


The back porch.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

The chicken-parrot-cardinal made me laugh. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, Smiling back at you. I could not see him well and didn't want to cheat with a photo. And, of course, I have no memory. Ha!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)