Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, February 22, 2013

Sketching Again on the iPad

Scavenger Hunt 303 is well underway.  I sat and sketched while we watched TV on two consecutive evenings.  I used my iPad and an app called Brushes.  There may be better apps, but I am used to this one.  I bought Sketch Book Pro for my computer but haven't really used it yet.  I will one of these days, right?  I sketch quickly and try not to "undo" so that these are really sketches, similar to using my pen and ink.  I can see my errors after I'm done  ...  oops, so can you!

Sketchbooks are really meant for an artist to practice, try out design and techniques.  Notes for paintings and ideas in general.  They are usually not shown to the public, but our Scavenger Hunts have been so much fun that most of us post our results.  I hope that you like seeing these efforts.  Join us on the Hunts over on wetcanvas.com , I think you will like them.



Number 1, finger pointing at me - not great perspective on the first finger.

Number 2, purple - small boxes of candy.  I've had these since my show in November, will I ever finish them?  They sure don't satisfy like chocolate.

UT Baseball season has begun!!  The new Longhorns look like they will be a great team to watch.  Many freshman players learning the ropes.  Our friend, Gen, was visiting and she got to see her first college baseball in a stadium.  Record so far is 3 wins and 1 loss, games played at home at Disch - Falk Field.  The series this weekend is with Nebraska, starts tonight at 7:00 p.m.  Hook 'em Horns!



Gen, Jo, Gene and Joanna

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm behind on my comments and blog reading. It is hard to believe it already baseball season. I do hope you and Gene get to OKC for a game. We will meet you there, if you do.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, we hope to get up there. I'll check the schedule again. We are on the road now going east, more later.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)