Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The End of the Brown Sketchbook

My art for today was all paperwork.  I did enter a contest, but actual hands on sketching or painting did not come to pass.  I followed my plan and sketched yesterday, though.  It is the end of the Utrecht sketchbook.  I have enjoyed it and it holds the majority of my sketches from May 4, 2011, to today.  Sometimes it seemed I would never finish it.

I sketched at the dining table with a Micron 01 pen and added a bit of colored pencil to the first one.  These are for Scavenger Hunt 299 which ends tomorrow which will be today by the time I post this as it is midnight.  So you will get this on Thursday, January 24.  How time flies when you are having fun.

Number 4, cookware, Number 5, collapsable, Number 6, serveware - Corning Ware, pottery bowl from the Empty Bowl project for the Food Pantry and collapsable is a tupperware bowl that goes almost flat. Nice for storing away.

Number 7, something I have never sketched before - Gene's new binoculars for watching the egrets and other birds.  Number 8, shoes and Number 9, foot.

This shows my last page of sketches and a scoresheet for a UT Baseball game on May 23, 2012.  A game with the Missouri Tigers, the first game of the Big 12 Tournament.  The Horns Lost 5 - 0.  Ah, well.  

The back pages of my sketchbooks usually have any notes I took at demos when I had the book with me, Scavenger Hunt lists, thumbnail sketches for plein air paintings or studio paintings, phone numbers,  and more.  This one didn't have too many as it was 9 x 12 inches so not carried in my purse or hand for meetings, etc.  

It is always nice to finish up a book and start a new one.  I already have one started so don't get to use a brand new first page. I have sketched on 29 of the pages.   It is a Canson hard cover, 7 x 10 inch book with 100 pages.  

I have carried it around since February, 2009.  I guess it was in my plein air bag, but has Scavenger Hunt sketches in it. Hmmmm.   The first part goes up to November, 2010.  Then it was put away until our Alaska trip this past summer of 2012.  The last sketch in it was October 3, 2012

It is fun to look back and fun to put the old brown Utrecht away!!

  

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)