Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Run Off, Acrylic Landscape

This little landscape painting was created when I had my Gallery downtown on Main Street.  I really like it, but somehow it slipped my mind and was never posted.  It was painted from a photo and memories of rain in New Mexico.

When we were kids in our small town in New Mexico and it rained we would go to the dry arroyos and wait for the run off to arrive.  Rain was always a big event.  At the ranch if it rained at night my dad could always tell the next day by the color of the water how far away it had rained.  He could also watch the rain in the distance and judge when the run off would arrive. 

I took the painting to the private party downtown yesterday and went to put a photo of it on my “Square” on the iPad and I did not have a finished painting photo in my inventory.  Hmmmm. 

I had taken an “in progress” photo, intending to do a blog about how it was painted.  I worked on that on January 18, 2011.  It was finished a day or so later.  It has a folder and file number in my paintings for 2011, but no final photo.

I took this photo today after the painting was varnished so it has some glare.  You don’t see the grid look in person, that is reflection.



Run Off
Acrylic on Canvas Panel, 12 x 6 inches
Unframed, Jo’s Notions
Free shipping.  It is ready to pop into a frame or sit on a little easel.
$100.00 To buy click here.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

What a great childhood memory! And the painting is wonderful.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you so much. Rain is a big part of country life, eh?


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (1) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1000) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1857) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (25) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)