Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pressure to Sketch

Joanna posted a quote, something like "I thought I worked well under pressure and now find that I need pressure to work."  Not it, but that is the idea.  So I felt obligated to sketch.  Gene and I have colds after our trip to Alaska, just run down I imagine.  At any rate we have not felt up to doing anything. 

I am the Host of Scavenger Hunt 277, which created the pressure and my feeling of obligation to sketch.  After all, if I made the list, I should sketch from it.

Here are my two sketches from today, in the travel hard backed sketchbook by Canson, 7 x 10 inches.  These both are on one page with the Prismacolor Premier 08 fine line marker/pen and the watercolors from the small kit.

Number 1, blue - the little blue and red bowls bought at the Empty Bowl project for the Food Pantry.  They are very cute.  The blue is actually more toward Navy blue, but that is the blue in the kit.  I didn't work much on blending as it is only a sketch.  Number 2, made of glass - a little brown glass elephant that Regina gave me.  It would probably look "glassier" if I put in a background.  Again only a sketch.

They are also in order from the list which is a challenge.  The next three are towel rack, skyline, and garden tool.  Now you know what to look forward to.

Come on over to wetcanvas.com  and sketch with us and meet some great sketch artists from around the world.  If you don't sketch and want to learn about any medium at all, there is a forum for everyone from painting to sculpture to digital to debate and more.  Business forums, too.  All free with sharing artists help.  I hang out in the Artwork from Life where you find the Scavenger Hunts and in the Southwest Forum.  I drop in on the Plein Air and Soft Pastel forums, too.  Others when something catches my eye in the "New Posts".


No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)