Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, March 02, 2012

Sketches for Hunt 258

I sketched on the iPad again.  It is fun and a bit of a challenge for me to remember the tools and colors, etc.  You might like to see more digital sketching.  This artist, emj, in New York has been sketching on his iPhone for a long time.  I think Joanna pointed him out to me several years ago.  You can Google iPhone or iPad sketches, drawings, etc., and see some amazing drawings.  Some look like photographs.  Of course, some are digitally changed photos, so you have to determine which you like!

Number 7, view out a door - the sliding doors of the dining area.  Very quick.  The pinky part is the vertical blinds.  Really.....

Yesterday I sat on that porch to sketch and then this morning in the living room in my comfy chair with my feet up.  (I twisted my foot somehow about a week ago and have been using a cane, so sit with it up hoping to get in shape for walking in Houston, and getting back to walking for exercise.  It is about ready to go!)

Number 8, old fashioned - an ice shaver, coin, and shoe anvil that came through the fire.  The ice shaver lost it's lid and blade.  The anvil is probably useable.  It sits on a post with the flat side up for the shoemaker to work on the soles of shoes.  The coin is a Mexican coin with silver and copper/brass ring in the middle.  Sort of like a mini "Toonie" for you Canadians.   The copper fell off the other side as I was looking at it.

I moved the coin for the photo.

Number 9, flower - I bought a violet the other day, reminds me of Gene's mom.  I sketched her violet many times.  It is sitting in a bowl from the fire, too.  It was a Christmas bowl and now the red and green is pretty black.  I mentioned it before, we used it to give water to a cat at the old house after the fire and as a rain gauge, sort of, at the RV park.  So, it still has life after being well fired.

We are off to Houston for UT Baseball.  They are having a difficult start to the season.  You can read about it on Joanna's Longhorn Baseball Page.  Hook 'em Horns!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I love that subway sketch guy. I also like your door sketch.

I never knew that thing was called a shoe anvil. Never thought about what it was at all, now that I think about it!

Also, I am *really* not liking the new captcha that Blogger is using. I never feel like I'm guessing right on the harder to read letters. Sigh...all change is bad! :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joanna, I follow emj's iphone blog and remember to look occasionally. Seems like the older sketches were more detailed.

I didn't know about the shoe anvil name either. Makes sense.

Blogger is changing so much, too. Google's new stuff on Google+ has me confused. I'm not sure about all the new stuff. I hear the new macs will be much more like iPads in apps, etc. That is a learning curve. Sigh....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1800) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)