Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last Day .. Sketching

Well, it is the last day for my gallery and the last day for Scavenger Hunt 216.  That is a lot of Hunts and sketches.  If I averaged 2 sketches a hunt it would be 400+ but I imagine I averaged 4.  Pretty cool.

Has sketching helped?  In many ways:
  • I sketch more often
  • I sketch faster
  • Thumbnails for paintings are easier and I use them more
  • I am more accurate, when I try.  :-)
  • I have made many new friends on wetcanvas.com
  • I have something to post on a regular basis
  • My sketching (homework) has become a habit and not a chore -- almost fun!
And the list can go on.

Here are my last ones for this Hunt.

Number 1, a fist and Number 2, favorite shoes

Number 3, lamp that is on and Number 4, coiled rope - this is a substitute, the cord on the blood pressure cuff., in the new small sketchbook.

My new sketchbooks
The big sketchbook has brown paper, sort of like a paper bag.  Should be interesting.  I filled my last small sketchbook that goes in my purse, so this is the replacement.  I like the pen holder on it.  We will see how the new sketching goes.  I can't believe that I finally fill up sketchbooks.  They used to last several years!

As for the gallery, I will go down and spend the afternoon.  Lester Sensat will pick up his paintings and I will pack away my paintings and bring them home.  I have a shelf and a couple of tables left there to bring as well.  As I said, it is a happy/sad occasion.

And what will I do tomorrow??  You will have to come back and see.  A clue .. UT Baseball is in season!  Maybe there will be items on the next Scavenger Hunt that fit something at the baseball stadium.  Hmmmm.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

All I can think when I see the sketch of the fist is: who want a knuckle sandwich???? ;-)

Hope you have a good last day at the gallery.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, Joanna. And your comment mentions food and makes me hungry. Sigh..... Thanks, it should be a good day! Your father will come help at the end!

Bag Blog said...

When you leave the studio, be sure to sing the Green Acres song - good by city life...green acres here I come...

VW: grinopp - to make you smile.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

May the future hold many creative and exciting experiences for you, Jo!!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, that made me smile! Green acres here I come.

Regina, thank you. I hope we can share a few!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)