Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Info on How to Paint/Draw Trees, New Mexico Photos

Lori Woodward Simons is giving out some information on painting trees. She has some nice examples on her blog.

I started really focusing on trees a couple of years ago in Silver City. It is a never ending journey. I learn something new every time I paint a painting, speaking of which, I better get to work on the painting I started yesterday.

First, here are a few photos from our trip to Magdalena from Angel Fire on Sunday and Monday. There were some huge storms, luckily, we avoided most of them. We did drive in some showers with the big storms all around.

Looking back toward Albuquerque as we got back on I-25 at Isleta.

The Rio Salado run off from the rains in the west. The arroyo is dry most of the year. Of course I had to get the Ladron Mountains in a photo. I took one on the road to Magdalena but in the fog you can't see it at all. I won't post that one. :)



The "M" mountain at Socorro, New Mexico. The M is for the School of Mines, which is now New Mexico Tech.

A mud hole near the rodeo grounds. It made me remember my dad. He could get stuck in the smallest of puddles. We spent a lot of time either digging out or walking to get horses or other vehicles for assistance.

Main Street in Magdalena, New Mexico, my hometown. The only real restaurant, The Magdalena Cafe, on the left and the police department on the right. Not much left in the old town.

The house I lived in as a kid. We had a wire fence with salt cedars in front and a wooden porch across the house. Now part is glassed in. The house is adobe and the walls are a couple of feet thick and I used to like to sit on the window sills and look out the window. There is a big lot and we had corrals in the back for a milk cow or a horse or two and chicken pens. Yuck to the chicken pens.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Love the photos. In the first one, I wondered how you made it look like you were in the air and then I realized you were on an overpass. Heh.

baby cribs said...

That photo that you post are all beautiful but what I love most is the first picture. I love the clouds and the blue color in the end of that road.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joanna, me and my trick photography. That is me. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)