Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bear in Aspen Sketch

It is still only 64 degrees F. this morning. I have on a sweatshirt, ha. I sketched for Scavenger Hunt 185 and put some color on the aspen tree sketch.


Number 4, bear - I sketched this candle holder, it is about a foot tall, very cute. It appears to be ceramic with a metal leaf and artificial pine bough and pine cones. The trunk is like an aspen, though. It is in the large letter size paper sketchbook about a half a page. I started in in my small sketchbook and didn't have room for the bear. :) Sketched with a ball point pen, Pilot.

Number 3, pillow - sketched in the small 4 x 6 inch sketchbook so you see it is small and why the bear didn't fit. The pillow is bright turquoise with an orange poppy on it.



And the black and white sketch I did the other day in ink on watercolor paper and then the same sketch with the color added. Hmmm. I still need lots of practice with watercolor.

I have pointed to FineArtViews by Clint Watson many times. This article by Lori Woodward Simons is so much the way I am. Sigh...... Did you already read it? She suggests that we, the out of sight, out of mind persons, put out what we want to work on the night before so we start right away. Should have done that! It is 11:00 a.m. and I'm still at the computer and not painting or experimenting. So here I go...... See you next blog-- oh, just thought of what to blog about -- oh, no, better go paint!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Was worried when I saw the title that y'all had seen a bear! Whew. Cute sketch.

Bag Blog said...

I like the bear candle and your watercolor is very nice. You have a light touch and that is good.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joanna, yes, someone mentioned here they had seen a bear. I saw in the paper this morning where someone was killed by a bear in Yellowstone. Yikes.

Thanks, Bag Blog. I do try watercolors once in a while. I am not patient with them. Practice, practice, ....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)