Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 01, 2010

First Sketches Hunt 167

I have been otherwise occupied and procrastinating about art and posting. Nothing new there, I suppose.

For Scavenger Hunt 167 I sketched in the regular sketchbook with a Pilot ball point pen.


Number 1, smooth - cup. Number 2, textured - rice cake.


Number 3, glass - two glass jars on the kitchen counter.

Actually, I got up early this morning so sketched while I drank my coffee and had a rice cake with peanut butter. I sketched that and the counter, knowing somehow that the items could fit somewhere in the Hunt.

UT Baseball is in full swing and we have been going to the games. I have some, well many, photos and may get some up here. The first weekend, February 19-21, the games were against the University of New Mexico Lobos. That is Gene's alma mater and he wore his red Lobo hat and shirt. I stuck with UT. New Mexico won two of the three games. Ouch. Since then the Horns won the next four games. We missed the game midweek. It was scheduled for Tuesday and the weather was bad so it was moved to Wednesday. We scheduled our trip to Mexico to leave on Wednesday morning so we could go to the game and so..... Our trip was good and we were back Thursday evening. The weather for the Friday afternoon game was miserable. Cold and windy. Saturday and Sunday were better. Sunday was the Austin Pastel Society Meeting so we missed the last two innings of the game.

I hope you are getting a lot of art done. I have been working on other art things. I will give a pastel demo in Marble Falls in the fall and a workshop there after the first of the year. Details to follow. The APS show will be "hung" on Sunday so am ready for that as well.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Jo, you know I love coming here with my coffee in the mornings - you never disappoint! I'm trying to absorb some of your "art energy" :-)

I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. I doubt you have time for it, but I want anyone who visits my blog to have directions to yours - so it's there on my blog for you if you wish.

Jo Castillo said...

Rosemary, you are so sweet and kind with your words. I hope to recoup some energy and do better, I have been lax in posting for sure.

Thanks for the Sunshine award. A bright spot in my day!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)