Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, November 16, 2009

Hunting for Skethes and Pears Framed

I sketched a little on Saturday. It was Cole's, our grandson's, Birthday. I didn't post about his birthday this year, but we did call, he is in Kentucky. We will see Cole and his family for Thanksgiving there. It will be fun to see them all.

I got some new Prismacolor pens to try out. I will talk a bit more about them after some serious experimenting. Just to try them I worked on a Zentangle I think I will use that idea for the cover of my Sketchbook for the project at the Art House Project. (The Art House moved to New York from Georgia so the deadline is changed to January. I have more time to procrastinate.)So I was mostly playing, but then did a couple of sketches with them.

These are for Scavenger Hunt 154. Number 1, sleeve and number 2, nail. You can see the color a little through the paper from the Zentangle. I was heavy handed and the paper is thin. So the bleed or shadow is not bad for such lightweight paper.

Number 3, plastic. One of Gene's speakers for his computer. I like the pens so far.



The pears are not really framed, but I stuck them inside this frame and they looked so nice that I had to take a photo. You can read about them here and see them without the frame. The gold frame really brings out the reflections, I think.

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I bet you are looking forward to seeing your grandson - and happy birthday to him.

I bought pears yesterday with you and your painting in mind.

Susan Abston Wiley said...

Love the great reflections, Jo; this one for sure belongs on Regina's pear blog!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you, I will pass on the good wishes to Cole. Oh, I am anxious to see the pears. You should put them on pearathon.com that Regina hosts.

Susan, thank you, it is on there. I didn't see any of yours, though??

Joan said...

Love the pears!! I debated about joining that project when Jeanne mentioned it. I think I'm glad I didn't. With the trip to France, a lot of my time was used up and I hate having to scramble at the last minute.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, Thank you on the pears. You don't really have to join anything, just submit your drawings. You have some nice sketches of pears. :)

The site is hosted by my friend Regina.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (131) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (980) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)