Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sketches - Stamp, top, tweezers

Scavenger Hunt 126 is gathering speed. Not as many sketches on the weekends, but some interesting ones. I did a few this evening in my 7 x 10 inch sketchbook with my Micron pens. They are half a page each and took about 10-15 minutes each.


Number 3, Stamp on envelope

Number 4, Tweezers


Number 5, Top

Gene is visiting his Mom in New Mexico so after listening to the UT Baseball game, they lost after winning on Friday (drat), I went to Austin last night to the CD Release Party of Byrd and Street with Joanna, Jennie and Larry. Larry had been taking photographs of the Texas Relays, a track and field event. We had dinner and listened to the entertaining music. We had a great evening.

Today I was a couch potato, watched the preview of SouthLAnd online, the UT Baseball game on TV. They won, so they took two of three games from Oklahoma State in Stillwater, Oklahoma. We almost went but didn't get tickets in time. After seeing the weather there today, I much preferred watching on TV. It was in the thirties with the wind chill. Ouch! You can read about the interesting game on Joanna's Longhorn Baseball Page and on the official UT site. Tonight I sketched and watched PBS.

And the blogs for tonight, I am not posting them in any particular order, they are all favorites:

8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You were smart to stay in TX rather than visiting OK. The weather here stinks. In two weeks we will be visiting Austin for my brother's wedding. We are hoping for warmer weather, but as long as the wind is not howling, I will be great.

Jo Castillo said...

I hope Texas weather treats you well. Baseball on the 18th is OU and on the 25th is Kansas State so we will be in Austin. Maybe we can get a coffee or margarita. :) I know you will be very busy, but maybe.

Donna Crosby said...

Jo
I like that you note the amount of time each sketch takes. Great idea, consider it stolen. I really like the top sketch. Great stamp.

Jo Castillo said...

Donna, the time is a suggested requirement on the Scavenger Hunts. There are no hard fast rules except that we sketch from life not photos or memory. On my own, I try to sketch quickly with no do-overs. When I'm successful in looking and putting down a good line, I'm pleased.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Great stamp, Jo - I had to look several times to know it was a drawing. And color too!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Regina. I just happened to have a red, blue and black pen on my desk for that color. You wouldn't be fooled in real life. The stamp is about two and a fourth inches square!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: Very neat sketches, nice job.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, fishing guy. Good to see you are busy posting again! Loved those "what is this" photos on your blog.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)