Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sketches for Hunt 128 and photos.

I sketched last night for Scavenger Hunt 128. For those of you new to my blog, I usually sketch with a pen, freehand. You can search for "why I sketch" in the search box upper left and read more about it.


Number 4, bridge. My lower bridge looking in a mirror. Some artists sketched road bridges and electrical bridges, so far no other teeth. Ha. Sketched with a Micron 05 pen on April 22, about 20 minutes for both sketches. Joanna won't like this one.


Number 5, outside of your wallet.



You may remember in the photos of the flowers yesterday, that I noticed a small piece of metal with wire on it. Today at the golf course I looked for it. It took a while to find it as the flowers had wilted, but I did.



As you see by the small tee, the item was not very large. It also turned out to be a twig with some vines or roots on it. Hmmmm. No mysterious piece of metal at all. Maybe it is a fairy tether of some sort. Hmmm.

My blog link for this post because I mentioned fairies, Leslie D'Allesandro Hawes, the fairy lady. When Leslie was in Bastrop and had her work at the Gallery she sold many of her fairy colored pencil drawings. People would come in and ask for the "fairy lady". She is a wonderful colored pencil artist. Have a look at her art blog, you will not be disappointed. She, too, is very sharing with her information, skill and knowledge.


Note: I hope all my blogging friends will excuse me, I have not had time to be commenting, even when I get a few minutes to look at your blogs. I am still a fan and will catch up soon. :) Don't give up on me. :)

7 comments:

Joanna said...

A fairy tether? Ha.

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Have to say that's the most original response to a draw a bridge prompt I've ever seen. Really caught my eye!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, I thought you and Leslie would like that. :)

Nancy, that is part of the fun of the Scavenger Hunts to see how many different interpretations we get from the items. Thanks.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: Why you found my golf shoe cleat cleaner. I must have dropped it when I visited. You have the spring to attach to the bag and the pick to get the grass off you shoes.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi fishing guy, Oops! I didn't bring it home. Drat!! Guess you have to get a new cleat cleaner. :)

leslie said...

If you went back to look for it (the fairy tether, cleat cleaner ;) )again, and found it again, would you bring it home with you this time? :)
Thanks Jo, for the great link and mention.
I have always been happier being called "The Fairy Lady", rather than "The Dragon Lady".

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Leslie, I will but we have had wind up a storm. We shall see. They probably have mowed since then, too. Sorry, I didn't think about the fairy thing until I was posting. It would be perfect for your little collection, huh? I never though about "Dragon Lady" either. Hmmmmm.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)