Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rose and Pay It Forward

I am soooooo slow. Way back in January, Rose Welty, the instigator of our Fine Art Friends group, had a post about paying it forward. Her post, FREE STUFF, caught my eye, of course. I sent in my name and lo and behold I ended up with a beautiful painting.

My Pitcher and Jo's Peppers
8 in x 10 in colored pencil on drafting film
copyright Rose Welty


How much fun is that? Perfect for my kitchen.

In the PIF meme, (you can read about it on Rose's blog, link above) the idea was for me to then pass on something to someone else. I pondered for a month or so and decided to finish my New York sketchbook, which was a gift from Regina Burchett, and give it back to her. I didn't finish it until this summer and then it was another month or so before I finally sent it off to Regina. She is such a generous person, always donating her art to great causes and finding and sending special gifts to her friends and family. She has been a volunteer with Hospice and other charities, too. It was the least I could do to send her sketchbook back filled with memories. Most of the sketches in the book, you have seen here on my blog as part of the Scavenger Hunts.

So if you all have the inclination to pay it forward, go for it. You don't have to tell us about it, just pay it forward.

2 comments:

Rose Welty said...

How fun to see this again Jo - I had forgotten all about it. I'm sure that Regina will treasure the sketchbook...

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Rose. The sketchbook was received and was a big surprise. :) Always fun to do something like that. Thanks again for my painting.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)