Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hunting Objects

I sketched some hunted objects for Scavenger Hunt 87 again. Look at the previous post for some hows and whys and more sketching info. These sketches are done with a Micron 005 pen in the regular sketchbook.

Number 7, someone working. These guys were up on the new house next door doing the roofing. I only sketched for 5 or 10 minutes it was near 90 degrees at the time. I don't know how they do it!



Number 8, hinge. The hinge on my cell phone. About 15 minutes.



Number 9, a plant you helped grow. 15 minutes. This is a plant we have had for many years and it has flourished. This last summer in New Mexico just about ended it and it has not recovered from the droopy look. So a plant I helped grow and I am trying to teach to be a desert plant which it is fighting and will probably die this summer. Oh well.


I worked on the painting commission and should finish it up tomorrow! Yeah!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Hmmm...perhaps if you had better summer help, the plants wouldn't die. It really is very sad.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, Guess I should look for an automatic waterer even when we are here. I even let the plant in the kitchen die and was seeing it every day. That, is sad.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: Another great set of sketches, good job.

Joan said...

Good sketches!!! You and I had the same thought for the hinge. I don't know how the construction workers do it. I like being in the sun, but with the option to jump in the water when necessary.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)