Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Baseball photos, Camera notes

The Longhorns opened their first Big 12 Conference series with a win over Kansas. Yes! 8 - 5. Good and interesting game. Read all the scoop on Joanna's page and official stuff here.



This is Preston Clark, left, and Jordan Danks keeping limber between the first and second inning. Unusual to have Preston Clark out in left field, he is the regular catcher. He has been injured and his experience and good bat have kept him playing as DH (designated hitter) and now outfield to keep him in the lineup. They used Brandon Belt, first base, to pitch to a lefty last night so Preston even played first base while that went on. :) In the meantime the replacement catcher, Cameron Rupp, hit two homeruns. Wow!




This is the instant replay of Cameron Rupp's first homerun. I didn't have the camera out for the actual hit. :) They even shot off the fireworks which I missed, of course. At the end of the game, I tried to get the fireworks and score, but being dark my photos didn't come out. Blurry as I can't stand still like a tripod. Oh well.

Speaking of cameras, I would like to give my Casio Exilim a plug. (the new ones are 10 megapixels, mine is 7) We bought our first one in 2003. They have a flat rechargeable battery and are just amazing. (Looks like the battery is a little different now, I have 3 batteries now to interchange as well) They have almost instant on. When we are traveling, I can bring up the camera and get a shot going down the highway and not miss a thing. The battery holds a charge for a long time, too. It will go through the weekend of baseball games where I take up to 80 photos a game. I also take the large photos just in case I get a good one to print. Gene has another brand that uses triple A batteries and they die in one day and 50 photos. I'm not paid by Casio, but I love the camera. We have had three. The first lasted about 5 years, well it still works. Sometimes a little slow to focus. It was dropped and banged around, rough handling. The second, I closed in the tailgate of the pickup. It still works, but you can't see the screen to focus. I'm using the third now. The only thing some may not like is on the newer two, there is no view finder, you must use the screen. The screen is large and clear, though. It has automatic and about 35 other settings, cropping, lining up, movies with sound, playback with sound and many more features. Way more than I use. (I see on the new one that you don't have to set settings or set to take movies, cool.)

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)