Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Re: Solutions (resolutions), Sketch

I haven't waded through all the posts with resolutions and plans from everyone. Some are inspiring, some are daunting (Where do people get so much energy and time?), some make you smile .... I just haven't had the time to work on my plan for this year. Last year I just wrote down what I had accomplished in 2006 and that made me feel good. I like what Richard McKinley said on the Pastel Pointers blog. His first resolution is to keep to a painting schedule. I did have a schedule when I had the studio away from home and it helps. So, if I make a schedule that should take care of all the other numbers 2 through whatever. :) What do you think?


I have been working on a couple of pastel paintings and am not ready to post those. So here is a sketch I did while watching TV the other day. Done with a Micron 005 pen in an old generic sketchbook. (Saving the other one for the Scavenger Hunts) The ellipses and lines are a little crooked, but you know I do these free hand and very quickly to practice looking and drawing. I'm still not sure if I improve in drawing, but I have improved my speed and enjoy it more .....sometimes. You can click on the sketching category when you scroll down past my posts or search above for sketches and read more about the how and why of my sketching.

4 comments:

Ed Terpening said...

I just don't know about New Years resolutions...I guess it's a good time to reassess, but I feels forced to me. My resolution is simple, I want to focus on developing my skills, at the expense of sales. I'm going to do far fewer shows this year, and any traveling I do will be for workshops. I think the many week-long plein air "competitions" I do are just not worth it. They were great for getting started, but I feel I have a bit of momentum now and can focus elsewhere.

Happy New Year!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Ed, This sounds like a wonderful plan. Those plein air competitions sound exhausting. I do enjoy going along with you and Michael Chesley Johnson via your blogs. :)

I will be following along with your blog this year. We can all learn from your experience.

Thanks for the comment and happy New Year back...

Joan said...

I don't make resolutions either, but I do think about what I'd like to accomplish. A schedule would be nice to have, but I'm not one to get too regimented. I am planning to paint in that sketchbook that I've been saving for about 7 years,and I do want to sketch/draw every day. Good luck with your plan.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, Good luck with the sketching, too. The Hunts are great for that, huh? It will be fun to see what shows up in the sketchbook!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)