Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sketches for Scavenger Hunt 63

I've been sketching a little to get some art time in. Someone on the Hunt mentioned that I sketch quickly. Sometimes you can tell that more easily as you can see my perspective is out of whack. If you follow my blog, you know that I sketch with a pen and do not do any pencil lines. I try to look/see well and put it down the first time. I have convinced myself that this will help with my painting. If I can put the stroke down right the first time, I will have fewer strokes, less muddy color and an accurate description of my subject. Now I have to practice the painting part!

For Scavenger Hunt 63, #1 Big chair or sofa. Gene's recliner wit the Micron 005, 15 minutes.


#2 Wall clock. One of Gene's clocks that he got in Bolivia. It got wet on one of the moves and came apart in many, many pieces. It had been glued with something that was not waterproof. Gene put new veneer and glued it back together. Looks beautiful now. My sketch does not do it justice.


#3 Computer screen open to wetcanvas.com. This is open to Joan's sketches, she does sketching with the fewest lines of any of us and they are so good. My copy is not! Ha. She is a watercolor artist. Micron 005 pen, 20 minutes

#4 Something metal. A pewter vase from Bolivia. 20 minutes with a Micron 005 pen.


#5 Camera. My camera that replaced the one I closed in the tailgate. :) About 15 minutes with two Micron 005 pens.

You can tell on these sketches that I was not working too hard on the perspective and ellipses. So .. does it help to sketch, just to sketch? I guess any practice is good.

2 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

Jo, I like the idea you have not to use pencil to sketch. I have too much perfectionist in me to only use a pen. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Valerie. I will never be a perfectionist, I am too impatient. :)

Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)