Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Watercolor sketch and maybe Roger!

I was looking at the blog by Katherine Tyrrell about the CPSA (Colored Pencil Society of America) 15th Annual International Exhibition. I slipped over to check it out and clicked on one that was Western in theme. I saw Shootn' the Breeze by Toni James. She is from Vail, Arizona , and I was showing it to Gene. "Wow, that looks like Roger," he says. For those of you that know him, what do you think?

I sent Ms. James an e-mail requesting the identity of the model and she replied that Roger was not on the list. He did some movie and commercial spots, so we still think it might be. We are checking with him. :) That would be fun if it was.

I will let you know.

Here is #11 for Scavenger Hunt #51, something silver. I couldn't find anything except silverware in this house that was silver, but these little metal cups are silver colored. About 1 1/2 inches tall. Don't know what they are for. Hmmmm.


Sketched lightly with a Micron 05 pen in my watercolor sketchbook I bought at James Brandess Studios and Galley in Saugatuck, Michigan. Colored with watercolors for the challenge. The book is about 8 x 12 inches. It is nifty, too, purple with a waterdcolor painting on the front. I will try to rember to get a snapshot of it. Sue bought one, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Roger, but that is a picture of Gene's brother, for sure!

Jo Castillo said...

Leslie, sure does look like him. He is the one that everyone thinks is Gene and vice versa. Good for Gene as Roger is 9 years younger. :)

Jo

Joanna said...

It does look like Roger!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, It could be him. I didn't ask him if he uses a stage name. :)

Mom


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)