Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Scavenger Hunt 49 Sketches

I have been working on a few sketches for Scavenger Hunt 49, which will be over tomorrow. I doubt that I ever get the 29 items done in 9 days. I will try to sketch most days at least. The sketches I am posting today are in my NY sketchbook with the Micron 05 pen in burnt umber.

#9, a stack of something. These are some travel books and an atlas here in the house on a shelf. About 10 minutes. #10, favorite space. We are in a rented house in Silver City, so no favorite space. I chose to sketch my art bag that goes with me everywhere. About 15 minutes. (I had typed "minuets" .. a little different, huh?)



#11, trellis and #12, textured wall. This view of a plastered adobe wall and trellis is off the back deck. About 30 minutes. The yard and deck are very small, but it is nice out there and will probably be my favorite space in this house.



One of the items on the list was tire treads. No one had sketched this item, so I went out to take a look at the tires on the van. Simple, repetitive designs, should be easy. Well, I began to sketch and the designs, although repetitive were very complex and as I was looking back and forth to sketch them, I was just lost. So I went to the pickup and they looked more even, but they were still very complex designs. So, who knew? I only spent about 5 minutes at this .. not my idea of fun. It was a great challenge, though. :) Next time, I will have to pull up a chair and take a better look. The larger sketch is from the van and the small one is from the pickup.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)