Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sketches Spam & Recycle, Photos Austin

It was off to Austin today to take three paintings to the Northwest Hills Gallery at the Northwest Hills United Methodist Church. The show is, All Creatures Great and Small. Animals of course. I submitted Young Alpaca, The Crossing and Boys and Their Toys. They were supposed to call today if one's work is not accepted, so it looks positive as there was no phone call. The entries were juried by Jan Sewall. Hopefully they were accepted.

On the sketching side I came back home and pulled out the ZIG Millennium pen and the Canson small sketchbook.


I worked on the challenge, to sketch a scene from the day before with figures. I asked Gene to check his journal for what we did and we had visited the recycle center, so that was my choice. Not great, but from memory. I don't imagine it is very close to how it looks. :)



I also worked on # 6, a rolling pin - this is an old one that I got at a garage sale and have used once. It just sits on an old dish rack with the chopping boards. #7, a food can, - Spam, Lite .. is that a misnomer or what?, #8 a glass bottle - a blue one with a cork that sits in my window and #9, a serving bowl - a glass one that I use for salad usually. That is, when I cook, don't do much of that these days .. hard to cook for two.



Yesterday we were in Austin to go to the doctor for a checkup and to do the recycling of cans, bottles, etc. We took some batteries to Wolf Camera on 6th Street and Congress, where I took this photo with the Capitol in the background.



This photo is of the work on the new toll road on the way home at HWY 71 and near the airport and Onion Creek. The clouds in it are just beautiful.

Wednesday 5/9 I fixed the link to the photo and added this post to the exhibit category. Thanks, Joanna.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

How is it I didn't know you came to town today? And, that you were entering a new show?

PS: "The Crossing" and "Boys and their Toys" are both linked to the same photo. :)

PPS: Spam and eggs for breakfast in the near future? Heh.

Jo Castillo said...

Maybe you didn't pay attention or I didn't tell you .. Hmmm .. which is more likely? Ha. Thanks about the photos, I usually check, but a lapse again. I have an excuse .. I'm old.

Hugs,
M


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)