Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, May 04, 2007

Scavenger Hunt 38 ends, 39 Begins

I did my last sketch for Scavenger hunt #38.



My number 12, a piece of unusual furniture. These little tables and stool are from Peru. The larger round ones hang on a rack folded and you open and use like TV trays. The smaller one could be a stool as well. They are all wooden, the small square one has a leather top. Pretty cool. The sketch is in my generic sketchbook with a ZIG Millenium pen that is either damaged or about out of ink. Sad, need to look for a new one!

I'm the host for Scavenger Hunt #39, May 4 - May 12.

Come on over and sketch with us. There is a list of 26 items provided by the host. You can sketch all or part of them in your style with no pressure. Everyone comments on the sketches and talks about their inspiration and skills. If you finish, you finish and if you don't, you don't.

I started the Hunts last summer. I have a hard time sketching even though I enjoy it and need the practice. I really procrastinate and normally only sketch when I am bored in the car or Sue is around. Ha. These Hunts are a way to keep me sketching almost daily and it is more fun to sketch without thinking of what to do. The encouraging comments in the forum help as well.

Posting sketches is hard at first. Usually sketches are private and just studies and practice. I try, in my sketching, to draw with a pen or pencils that don't erase well. I'm trying to "see" better and get strokes down correctly to help my painting skills. I think this is all helping .. really.

My list for this Hunt:

A box or box shaped something
A stack of books, 2 or more
A stack of bowls, cereal bowls, dessert 2 or more
A glass bottle
Backpack or purse, bag
Dish washing detergent/soap
Computer
Table lamp
Bed pillows
Piece of clothing
Basket
Outside water faucet or tap
Trash bin or can
Your front door
A toy with wheels
Something that plays music
Aluminum foil or other shiny metal
A snack
A root vegetable, potato, carrot, etc.
A food can with label
A serving dish
A foot
A hair dryer or brush
A broom
A stepstool or ladder
A rolling pin or measuring cup

Challenge, without pre-planning, sketch a figure you saw yesterday doing something ... friend, mailman, spouse, etc. In other words, don't decide today what you will sketch tomorrow, just glance back a day. This will be sort of like blind contour drawing. Ha.

Try pointalism on one of the objects

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)