Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


I had a great day. I received a bear for my day from Gene. He said he couldn't find an ugly one to go with my other stuffed toys. It is, well, different. A white bear that glows different colors. Joanna, Jennie and I decided that it was weird so that it could be classified ugly. Thanks Gene, a first for me. By the way, you squeeze its paw to turn it on, it shuts off in a few minutes.

Daddy's Grille was open, unusual for Sunday. He said he was helping the moms to have a good day. Joanna took Jennie and I to lunch there. Very nice. Pretty busy, even though it was around 2:00 p.m.

So no sketching. I did put a mark or two on the Magdalena painting when I walked by a couple of times. :)

Now to get ready for tomorrow. Regina and I are taking some paintings to the Wenmohs Ranch for a show for the Texas Hill Country Wine Festival. It is near Marble Falls, so guess we will lunch there and find a place to paint some hill country vistas. Check back tomorrow night to see what we can find to paint.

I will also have info on the show and the paintings we will be showing. We are taking a work shop in the fall there, with Bob Rohm, and I will let you know more about that as well.

For a little humor for the day, you may want to check out Lesly Finn's blog for Friday.

Hope all the mothers and families had a great time today, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom is a drug addict and she hates me because I am gay! So mothers day is always very sad!

Jo Castillo said...

I'm sorry to hear that. My mom died in 1983 and I still miss her. Maybe you two can eventually forgive/accept each other. I hope so.
Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)