Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Exhibit at Northwest Hills Gallery

I did not get a rejection call, so my paintings are at the Northwest Hills Gallery at the Northwest Hills United Methodist Church. The show is, All Creatures Great and Small. Animals of course. I submitted these three:

Young Alpaca
8 x 10 inches, pastel


Boys and Their Toys
16 x 20 inches, pastel

The Crossing
16 x 20 inches, Pastel

The entries were juried by Jan Sewall. There are at lest 60 pieces of artwork in assorted media and different techniques. Beautiful to see. If you get a chance, please stop by. All artwork is at its best, live and in person.

The opening reception is Sunday, May 27, 2007, from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. The public is invited. The exhibit is open from today and will be on display through Sunday, June 24.

Hours at the Church Gallery are
Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Closed
Sunday, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
7050 Village Center Drive
Austin, Texas 78731

To get there, turn on Far West Boulevard from Mopac and go to the second light. Turn left and the church is immediately on your right. The gallery is to the left of the main office.

Sadly, I won't be at the reception we will be on our way to Christy's graduation! Congratulations, Christy. She is a senior in High School in Kentucky. Yaaaahoooooo!!

6 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Nice work. I really like the alpaca. He's got so much character.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Jeanne, Thank you, our time in South America was so special, memories are lots of fun.
Jo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jo! Your work is being seen everywhere.
Good job.
Leslie

Jo Castillo said...

Leslie, thanks again. It is sure better there than on the floor in the studio. There was some good art entered there.

Later,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Well done, Jo .... its quite something when you get paintings accepted, isn't it? ... a really good feeling.

Sorry I don't come by very often but I love your blog posts when I get the time! I wish I could say 'hand on heart' that I am soooo busy with painting but I procrastinate too much to be able to claim that!

xx

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Lesly, thank you so much. After reading blogs it seems all the artists I like are procrastinators. :) It is a trait we have in common. You have so much info on your page and blog that I have only seen a smidgen of it. I don't know much about the abstract paintings, but I love your new life form drawings.
Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)